13 January 2010

Another wedding cookies

Funny how many of you have been asking me about sugar cookies these days.

What started out as an experiment finally spun into dozens of exciting emails, requesting for those cookies I made. Especially after the ones I previewed during Elina's wedding last December. Thanks so much y'alls. I'm touched.

In honor of a really loyal customer (and later becomes a good friend of mine too), I custom made these cookies just for Siti - for her sis' engagement ceremony last sunday 10 Jan 2010. I also handmade those gift tags with the couple's names on it :)




I've done henna motive and tattoo art before so now it's time to crack my head and find some new designs for my cookies. And suddenly...

*light bulb*

Damask print!

It's really a hit I can assure you. Most wedding I went to would have this kind of pattern incorporated into their decor, from the pelamin right to the most detail item such as napkins, candle holder etc. Since it's a black & white theme, I say why not?




Forgive my limited choice of cookie cutters. These are all I have to offer at the moment. Will buy some more once my budget permits. In the mean time, I'm counting on the damask detailing to make my cookies stand out.

On another note, it will be much easier if I can get some sort of stencil to imprint the design onto my cookies. But nope, they don't sell the stencil here unless you buy them abroad. Guess I just have to draw them free-hand then.

By the way, if you don't know what type of shape this is, me neither! I just rolled and press the dough into whatever shape I could. LOL!




Love shape of course. A must have under my wedding cookies package.




And another love shape..




And a butterfly...



Thanks again Siti. Selamat bertunang Faizal & Lydia :)

No comments: