19 January 2010

J.A.N.U.A.R.Y

It's the wet season of the year again :(

Living in this particular latitude and longitude, you may already noticed it's been raining cats and dogs for the past whole week. And in my areas, heavy downpour means heavy traffic. Especially in the mornings! Stressful.

When it continues to rain in the afternoon, it sure gives me the excuse to skip another round of weekly aerobics / jogging session. And the worst part is when it rains at nights. I'd usually torn between finishing house chores after the kids asleep or to climb myself onto bed and zzzz....

How unproductive.

Meteorological aside, orders are coming in well. Though not as crazy as last month which I reckon may due to the fact of school going activities in January - hence the tight budgets. I think.

But birthdays will be birthdays, people still need to celebrate it with cakes no matter how. It's a special occasion once in a year. There's just no 2 way about it.

We were invited for a dinner at a local hotel to celebrate uncle Henry's 60th birthday last weekend. I made a call to my cousin and told him I'll be in charge of the birthday cake. Lucky I have no other commitments, thus am happy to obliged with the task.

So I baked a 2kg cake - choc moist and vanilla butter cake. And I planned to have the cakes stacked together. A hefty task considering this was my first time. But it's better now or never.

Bottom tier is a 9 inch cake frosted with choc ganache while upper tier is a 7 inch cake frosted with buttercream icing. Both cakes consist of choc moist and vanilla butter cake layered with buttercream frosting. Still freshly bitten by damask print bug, again I incorporated the design onto this cake.



Sure not easy to stack cakes I can tell you that. Here is where a proper course in cake decorating comes in handy. Hopefully I'd be able to register for the course this year. Insya Allah.

And here's hoping for my other half to read this and get the hint *wink*

To uncle Henry, happy 60th birthday and wishing you many more happy years with your family. And to my cousin Joseph, thanks so much for inviting us. That cutie pie you see in the pic is his daughter Jennifer.






No comments: