29 March 2010

Momentum


Being away has made me realize how much I miss home. It's kinda funny to think that I would miss the frantic chaos at home, the screaming kids, the mounting piles of unfolded clothes, the sprawling toys in the living room, the smell of cupcakes coming from my tiny kitchen... *grin*

Oh dear. Sounds pathetic, am I?

Point is, I can never last a certain journey without worrying and thinking of them. They're in my system and in my brain. I can't help it. Guess that's just a motherly instinct kicking in :)

And now that I'm back, it makes me wonder if I'd be able to gain the momentum back. To rise up to the challenge. To continue doing what I love most while keeping my sanity intact. So I won't neglect other important things in life.

It's called time management honey, need I say more.




Prior to my 2 weeks absence, I managed to finish this special project for an amazing friend of mine. If you may recall, Marilyn was the friendly journalist who interviewed me in one of her articles last year. Thanks to her, Eda Cupcakes has gained quite a publicity since then.

And of course, she'll be getting all the perks from the tokey nio herself as she placed this order. When she said she wanted a huge MU choc cake for her bf's birthday, I wasted no time preparing for it as if it would be my last order or something.

This is actually the kinda order I like. Ample time given (she booked me a month earlier!), specific detail provided and prompt payment. All through a friendly, fuss free communication that makes her such a doll to work with. Sweet.

Well, you know I won't turn down an offer to bake an MU cake like this. A really nice 'weapon' to dampen the spirit of another opposing team supporter in the house too.

And because I've never made a large cake before, this cake turns out to be a humongous 6kg instead of 2kg cake as requested! *LOL*

Thanks so much Marilyn for this order. Had such a great time making it. May you both have a long-lasting relationship for as long as you shall live.

No comments: