03 March 2009

The last project we managed to complete before taking a short break was this wedding tier for Miko. She requested for 100 cupcakes and a small cake to fit on a 4-tier cupcake stand. Good thing she booked us since December last year, so we had ample time to do some research and plan for her big day. Her wedding theme was black & white, which I think was quite bold but at the same time, very chic and modern-contemporary.


When I first contacted by Miko to prepare for her wedding cupcakes, it was like a dream come true for me. Although this wasn’t the first time we undertook a wedding project, but I had always wished to do wedding cupcakes at least once in a year. Just love the challenge it brought us, to produce something out of the ordinary. To come up with new theme and designs… the feeling was exhilarating but yet, scary and doubtful at the same time. I mean, come on. This is someone’s wedding we’re talking about. That’s a BIG responsibility entrusted to you to make this couple happy on their big day.


But at the end of the day, nothing beats the feeling of joy and accomplishment when your customers tell you how happy they are with your artwork. Especially in my condition (9 months preggy), having to endure sore feet (due to hours of standing), finishing all cupcakes by myself with only 1 hour of sleep (for 2 days straight)…phew! So you can imagine how relieved I was after the whole ceremony was over, or should I say after February is over. At least I could do some rest and prepare for my delivery :-)

So for Miko & Shahrul, selamat pengantin baru. Thank you so much for entrusting us to do your wedding cake. Semoga berbahagia hingga ke akhir hayat & dikurniakan cahayamata yang comel dan soleh!


2 comments:

ThemeWeddingIdeas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

wahhh....sgt2 kacak....i adore ur cupcakes...very creative :) heehee