02 January 2010

passing on the legacy...



When you have a 5-y.o at home, you'll be amazed at how curious and alert he/she is to their surroundings. Not to mention they imitate you pretty darn good, right down to every single word and behaviour. My daughter is no exception at this.

She rants, grumbles... to my horror, exactly like me. And whenever I'm baking, she'll beg me to teach her how to bake too. I often find myself too busy to entertain her request but today with the free time I have, I offered her a baking lesson. And she was soo happy. Enthusiastic!




We had so much fun bonding. All these cupcakes you see over here were solely made by Ayra. Yup, she did it all by herself, except for the frosting. All vanilla choc chips cupcakes with cream cheese and choc ganache frosting.




I asked whether she would like to decorate the cupcakes but she said she's had enough for that day (short attention span syndrome). And I wasn't able to snap her pic baking these as she quit halfway to watch tv. So I continued with several batches more...




Amazing what professional camera does to a picture eh? Nope the camera isn't ours, it's borrowed. But one day, it'll be our dream to own this baby as well.





No comments: