02 March 2010

Much Needed Break



Most probably I won't be getting anymore orders if I announce this. Some of you might even hate me for doing this. But trust me, this isn't any easier on my part too. Fact is, I only have two hands while juggling everything - work, baking, family etc.

Thus, taking a tiny weeny break at this point seems to be very crucial. At least for my sanity :(

I could see this coming as soon as I switched to a new portfolio in my office couple of months ago. I foresee a chain of frequent outstation trips, endless meetings and piles of reports to be done.

And it doesn't help having no maid or even other human being in the house to help with the cleaning either. The only amah I know is myself and hubby. As soon as we got home from work, we'll be running around like crazy doing house chores and taking care of the kids all at the same time. Credit goes to my man for helping in every way he could.

At first, it was fun. I mean all the frenzy and hype I was experiencing. The incredible amount of orders we were getting, the excitement of baking adventures, the cash flowing in... But eventually, it took a toll on me. I was burnt out. Seriously.

It would be a different case altogether if I was doing this full time. But nope, I've a day job. And it's so hard to balance both. Lately, I noticed I don't have weekends anymore. They're normally taken away from me in the form of cupcake/cake orders.

I don't mean to bore you with my ramblings. Nor did I complaint or pissed off by the whole situation. I'm actually thankful for this experience. But if it wasn't too much to ask, I'd like to seek for your understanding and support during this hibernation phase I'm under. It would do good to my soul.


XOXO

:: Eda Cupcakes ::

No comments: