17 December 2009

Hantaran Galore


It's a pretty laid back time of the year, it is.

It's the end of the year and people are bringing their parents and kids and maids to Disneyland, Hong Kong, Australia and wherever else my kids are itching to go, that we haven't gone before. Even the traffic seems a little lighter these days now that school is out *relief*. Everything just went slow and steady at this point of time.. well, kind of.

But not me. Oh no, not me!

I have this dreadful forecast of how our calendar will end and I was right - this month will be Eda Cupcakes' busiest time of the year! With school break and Xmas coming up, year end also means getting a lot of cupcake orders for weddings or hantaran in the Malay culture. That means I'll be fighting yet another battlefield... in the kitchen that is!

Now here are some of our hantaran cupcakes for your viewing pleasure.




This set was ordered by Lanie couple of weeks ago. They are mix flavour cupcakes with full fondant topping and deco, in green/yellow theme.



To be honest with you, I find green/yellow combo rather dull and boring. I mean, these 2 colours are basically of similar tone in the color wheel chart and they never look good paired up with each other. I scratched my head like hundred times figuring out the best way to spice this set up. Finally I've to resort with adding some red flowers and love shape to uplift the look.









Luckily Lanie was ok with the design. And as for her hantaran box, I asked my little sister Lissa to decorate it as I was tied up with work at that time. Have to say that I'm quite impressed with her work. Anything that can go pass my scrutiny can pass anything with flying colors :)



Thanks Lanie. Off you go now cupcakes, be safe and be good in Tawau ok?




Ooohhh... Wait! What do we have here?



It's a purple/white theme hantaran cupcakes! These are choc cupcakes topped with buttercream icing and fondant decorations. Aahh... regally purple. Divine!



I had a blast doing this. It's pretty amazing how myriad of colors and shapes you could produce out of fondant. And not forgetting how much effort and skill it takes out of you too!



Thank you so much Nur Syazwani for this order.




And last of the bunch, this pretty in pink set requested by Emy. Mix cupcakes topped with buttercream icing and fondant decorations.



Thank you Emy!




Hope you've enjoyed it. Till then..


XOXO

~ Eda Cupcakes ~

No comments: