18 December 2009

The Grand Affair - Part I


I spent the last week doing this special project. And I'm just as excited as you are now to share it here!

This was a special request made by Scandy Haizales. She wanted 100pc cupcakes for her daughter's princess-themed bday party on 12/12. And she wanted it to be a really grand affair. So I proposed a 4-tier cupcake stand to go with the cupcakes.

Unlike previous ones where I used styrofoam and 'cake-boards-on-glasses' kinda cupcake stand design, this time around I wanted to have like a 'real' cupcake stand instead. The type which is solid and can be re-used for many occasions to come. And since my dad has retired and doing nothing besides golf, I asked him if he could make my cupcake stand during the weekend.

And he did. And it was pretty good. Thanks daddy, really appreciate it :)




This is how it looks like. My dad constructed this by using solid plywoods (for the boards) and PVC pipes (for the pillars). The best part is, it can be re-assembled for easy storing just by loosen up the screw on top pillar. To my surprise, daddy made 4 units of these babies for me. So anyone of you interested, just buzz me right away ok?

Now back to my project.

After choosing the colors and theme, I decorated the tier with ribbons, fancy beads and colorful knick knacks along the way. Instead of putting a cake, I decided on a mariposa barbie to be placed on top of this tier. So after long hours of hot glue gun thingy...

Tadaa..!




And off to the Hilton we go.

The moment we came, nobody else were there yet. And I had no one to refer to as in where to put the whole thing. So the hotel manager simply asked me to set it up on the buffet counter. Like this...



And when Scandy finally arrived, she wanted it to be at front of the ballroom near the stage.

Gasp!

Good thing Adeq accompanied me and she quickly helped me to re-arrange the whole setting from one corner to the other.

Phew! Mind you, it's a real challenge to arrange 100 cupcakes and its tier decoration on its own. Let alone having to move and re-arrange them to a new spot in shortest time before the guests arrive. Crazy!



I literally had goose bumps as I gave this tier a final glance before I took my seat. How lovely it looked. Some of the guests started to take pictures and came up to me for my number. Even the hotel staff and the clown can't stop staring at the cupcakes. Auww... I'm feeling smug already. *perasan*



Happy 1st Birthday to Rania Zaheen Sufia. What a lovely name and adorable face as well!



Balloons, Gerberas, Feathers... all pretty in pink!



The candle awaiting to be lit up and blown by Rania.



Ayra enjoying herself...





Thanks so much Scandy for entrusting me to do this very special order. And thanks for inviting us to the party as well. To Rania: happy birthday dear.. May Allah bestowed the blessing upon you and your family :)


XOXO,
~Eda Cupcakes~

No comments: