27 December 2009

Wedding Favors - Sugar Cookies

I LOVE baking and decorating sugar cookies, but only in small batches please.

FYI, it doesn't take long to bake them but it takes forever to decorate them especially in large quantity. By large quantity here means (at least to me) like 50pc and above.

My good friend Elina booked me couple of months ago for this order. She wanted to have decorated sugar cookies for her wedding favours on 26/12/09. Usually I'd be sluggish to say yes but that's not the case for her. I mean, how could I.. we're like BFF since our Unimas years for goodness sake! So I agreed regardless.




I suddenly notice that pengantin nowadays are very bold and daring in terms of their chosen colors. I mean, red & black for your big day? Whoa.. never in a million years would have thought to choose these colors during my time.

*sounds so old already*

Both are pretty strong, dominant colors but you know what? They're both my fave colors and I dig them nonetheless!



My wedding cookie collection consists of few shapes to choose from. There are 4 tier wedding cake, wedding gown, love shape and etc. Elina wanted me to design special pattern for her so I drew some of these. These designs were inspired by my love for tattoo art and henna motives. VERY time consuming indeed but intricately sweet and breathtaking. I love how it turned out :)






Haven't had anyone asking me to do a 4 tier wedding cake just yet but this cookie version will do just fine for me. At least for the time being, hehe...

And if I were to make my version of a tier wedding cake, you bet it'll be something more or less like these. Oh yes.

Definitely would go for modern contemporary designs, never on the traditional side.

Yeah right Eda. You wish!



My fave colors - red & black. Ahh...






Cookie packing in the process... (yikes!)

It's not a good sight to watch here but who cares. I was in the middle of life and death trying to wrap, seal and pack all of these babies single handedly! Those pretty little red bows and ribbons u see over there, yes right there...? Took me 2 and half hours to complete.! By the time I finish, my fingers were all red and sore from twisting the gold wire. Huhu...

But still, I'm happy my cookies get good review from Elina. Happiieeee...!



Thanks Nana. Selamat Pengantin Baru & Semoga Berbahagia Hingga ke Akhir Hayat!

No comments: