31 January 2010

Much Ado About Decorating

There are times when things don't coordinate well with me. Most of the time actually.

It's like when you have a bad hair day. No matter how much you comb, hair dry or gel up your hair, when things don't feel like working, your hair will just refuse to set the way you want it to.

Thank goodness I've never had a bad hair day, since I could just bun my hair up and hide it under my scarf. But I've had countless of bad cake days and today was one of them.

Unfortunately when that happened, it would be a lil bit too late to do anything about it, unless you had a great amount of time to redo. At first, I felt like I wanted to die. But then slowly cajoled myself into thinking that even a pro made mistakes. They just know how to cover it. So I modified, changed, improvised.. whatever name you call it. I was desperate!

So with a bad twitch in my eye, I surrendered the finished cake and wished on my lucky stars, moon, meteors, planets, milky way and the entire solar system for my customer to approve it.

Marcella dear if you are reading this, I would like to apologize if I didn't make a good first impression on you. I'm still in the learning process with flaws and imperfections along the way. However your order has been an invaluable experience gained. Thanks so much for your trust in me.





As for now, I just want to have enough rest and sleep. And hopefully enough time not to ponder on the negative thoughts while having my bumpy rides along the way, but more on ways to improve and better equipped myself for more cake challenges ahead.



(2 kg Death by Choc Cake for upper tier and Snickers Cheesecake for bottom tier. Decorated with gumpaste flowers)

1 comment:

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.