09 March 2010

Nell turns 1 year old!


Remember this?



And this?




And of course, who could forget this?

This killer look I've to deal with every morning as I off to work and to the nursery where I'd drop him in the care of nannies. The unforgivable pleading look as if saying to me "mama please don't go to work today"... *sigh*



And this cheeky grin. Which never fails to amuse even the most grumpy person on the street.

People would just come up to him, pinch his cheeks adoringly and asked me "he's so cute and fair, is he yours"?

Ugh! Of course you silly, do you think I'd kidnapped someone else's boy and put him in my pram? Sheesh!

What can I say. Somehow, just had to hide my martyred expression, fake a smile and answer politely.

"Yup he's my boy".



Well folks, let me tell you this. And I'll shout this in fact.

NAEL RASSUL is a big 1 year old today!



Look at him, my little fella!

He turned 1 on 9 March 2010 and it's such a great joy to see him today, all healthy and happy and mischievous and pretty much a nuisance, as only 1 year old boys know how to be. At the moment, he already knows how to walk (sometimes sprint!) and he can pronounce mama, dada and nenen... clever boy :)

We celebrated his birthday in advance last weekend as most of the family members would be busy with other programmes the following week. This time I made sure I took some time off to prepare for the party. I want it to be a small family affair with a hint of my personal touch.

So instead of making a typical invitation card, I made these birthday invites myself. Ayra assisted me with the distribution list.




I also made the birthday garland and hung it on our wall. I thought it looked really nice. Saves me tonnes of $$ and best part is, it's got the personal touch I'm looking for.



I'm actually getting sick of my kids receiving junk food in their party bag whenever they're back from celebrating a friend's birthday gathering at school. So I've decided to make a 'homemade party favor' consists of cookies, cupcakes and bubble bottles.







all nicely packed and waiting to be given away.



You guessed it right, the theme was superhero :p

Here, SuperNell with his superman outfit and superman cake.



Nell poked his finger and kinda smudged the icing as you can see.



Nell with his toys.



With cuzzie Grace.



Happy birthday Nell!

Love u always no matter what, come rain or shine, good or bad *muahs*



No comments: