31 December 2011


I must say that my fondant cakework is not up to par compared to other talented bakers around here. It's still a bit sloppy with non-existence attention to details, much to my dismay. I blame this entirely on my impatience and lack of skills especially when working with fondant. Not that you need a college degree to ace it but go and ask any bakers and they will tell you the same thing. Practice makes perfect. Hmm... Think I should consider getting more fondant projects in the future...

This was a birthday cake I made for my cousin who celebrated her 21st birthday last November. It was a makeup, girly girl cake with lots of makeup products on it. She wanted zebra stripes and bright pink balls around the perimeter of the cake. But the pictures here did not reflect the exact tone because the tiny balls were actually shocking pink. A very pretty fuschia pink.

Anyway, I was just as happy to learn that she liked my cake. Thank you and Happy Belated Birthday, Melina Minos :)

No comments: