01 May 2010

7th year...


Today is our 7th wedding anniversary.

Seven. Tujuh. Qi.

Typing it in trilingual won’t make it any easier for me to digest. Another 3 years and it’ll be our 10th. Gee, we’re so ancient.

As I flipped through pages of our dusty wedding album, a flashback occurred in my head. Suddenly it was like watching black and white reruns of a movie where every little snippet represents a milestone of our wedded bliss. All of our fave parts was captured and intertwined into a so-called romantic film. From the first time we gazed into each other eyes right till we grow old and gray. The kinda story which ends with the happy-ever-after.

Dang! Enough with melodramatic, mushy lovey dovey stuff. Someone’s going to puke if I don’t stop. LOL.

Anyway, 7 is indeed my lucky number today. I’m not sure about the 7 year itch but I’d like to count my blessing for being happily married to a wonderful man for 7 magnificent years! Here’s our 7 trivia that you might not know..

1. We got married on 1 May 2003 on Labour’s Day. But I still can’t recall the exact date we got engaged. I only know it was in December 2002. Shame, I know.


2. He and I wore the exact same brown leather sandals the first time we met :)


3. We were introduced by my bestie Vic. She dubbed herself as the cupid for bringing us together.


4. I initially had my eyes on one of his buddies but I think I scared that guy off with my acid blonde hair and pierced nose. I was glad he took the initiative to get to know me underneath that wild child appearance. He tamed me.


5. Our most memorable song was by Sheila on 7 (how coincidently 7!) : Anugerah Terindah Yang Pernah Kumiliki.


6. We became prego 6 months later. Ayra was actually ‘made’ in Sydney, Australia. *Blush*


7. We bought our own love nest and moved in 3 years ago. My mom complained that the crib was too far from her place and too small for us but who cares. It's the love and memories we're building in it that counts the most.

Happy 7th Wedding Anniversary Papabear! I heart you eternally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....